It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you and how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
Information collected by Our Climate or Our Climate Education Fund may be shared with the other entity without notifying you. Our Climate is the sole owner of the information collected on our website www.ourclimate.us. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us such as when you:
- Contact us via email or phone;
- Sign up to receive Our Climate’s newsletter;
- Take an online action (including but not limited to responding to one of our surveys; registering to participate in certain projects or campaigns; signing or creating a petition; signing an open letter or a pledge;);
- Volunteer with us;
- Host an event on our behalf;
- Provide your name and email address to one of our partner organizations, on the basis that it can be shared with us;
- RSVP for an event or;
- Make a donation.
We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to keep you updated on Our Climate’s work and invite you to get involved in upcoming actions and/or to support our young climate leaders.
We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization without your permission.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website or provide us with your personal data via other platforms (Facebook, email, sign-up sheets), your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information.