Position Title: Contract Grant Writer
Our Climate empowers young people to advocate for science-‐based and equitable climate solutions that build a livable world. We are looking for a Contract Grant Writer to write and submit grant proposals and reports in order to secure funding and reach our 2021 budget goals.
About Our Climate
Young people are overwhelmingly supportive of climate action and eager to work for an equitable transition to clean energy; over the past year, millions of young people across the world have taken to the streets to demand action from elected officials. Our Climate provides young leaders with the education, tools, and experience to advocate for concrete policy solutions to mitigate the climate crisis and protect our shared future.
Our Climate is committed to passing policies that will limit pollution and ensure a just transition to clean energy. Our Climate’s leadership development programs train youth leaders to become informed, confident, and capable advocates. Our curriculum comprehensively covers climate policy topics, challenging students to make connections between other movements for social and environmental justice, as well as training on how to engage the media, meet with decision-makers, and organize their communities. By combining targeted climate advocacy with youth leadership development, we work to win concrete climate policies while empowering the next generation of leaders.
Our core objective for this contract Grant Writer is to write and submit high quality grant proposals and reports. This will include researching, identifying and securing corporate and foundation funding to support Our Climate’s mission to empower young people to advocate for science-based and equitable climate policies.
The project deliverables includes:
- Write high quality grant proposals;
- Responsible for researching and collecting data prior to writing each grant, coordinating with staff and incorporating feedback and edits into proposal drafts;
- Write high quality reports highlighting Our Climate’s accomplishments and impact for funded grants;
- Research grant opportunities and maintain relationships with foundation partners.
Necessary Skills and Experience
- 3 years experience writing grant proposals with a track record of securing funding;
- Strong writing and editing abilities;
- Excellent organization and project management skills;
- Ability to understand complex program information and translate it into compelling narratives for funders;
- Ability to analyze organizational budgets;
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively and in a timely manner.
- Strong grasp of the climate movement and civic engagement issues;
- Familiarity with the IRS rules regarding 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) organizations
- Experience securing grants for climate organizations and/or working with foundations that invest in youth climate advocacy.
- Experiencing conducting prospect research on potential foundations and funders.
Timeline & Compensation
We plan to compensate this role at $30 per hour for 15 hours/week of work between March 15 to July 31, 2021, with the possibility of extension. If additional time is needed to complete the project, up to 15 additional hours can be approved by the Executive Director to complete projects.
How to Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter, and two grant proposal samples. Please include two references who can speak to your grant writing experiences.
Nicole Crescimanno – Director of Strategic Relationships and Programs